Tryst with death














With fear and anger I stood on the cliff
a jump, a splash; I breathed, mid-air
thoughts ran vivid- touching every breath
of silence and death- loneliness

I opened my eyes, the world was slow
they stared at me, mop and mow

I waited to submerge- touch the water
I already imagined a tryst with death
it was cold and icy around, it seemed
would meet eternal silence sometime later

the journey prolonged, heart-beats were mild
no excitement remained, just weightlessness

how will it be to not able to breathe?
so much pain- will die or survive?
Why am I dying, I thought out loud?
Am I dreaming again? Lord, help me revive!

With a zing and a startle, I looked around
It was the same old pen, paper and no sound!


P.S.:- Trying my hands on anything I see over internet. Submitted this for InkBlood as well.
You can find it at: Click here :)
Happy reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts